Thursday, December 2, 2010

Steak Sandwiches


I love a good steak sandwich. As a kid I used to order them at restaurants every chance I got. So my mom started make them for our family dinners when I was growing up.

By the time I got to college and had to make food on my own, this became one of my go to meals. It's no surprise that all of a sudden my friends would appear in the sorority house kitchen with empty plates and puppy dog looks on their faces. So good, they don't even need A1!

By popular demand, here is the recipe for the (Famous) Steak Sandwiches:

2 Tblspns unsalted butter
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 lb. of thinly sliced tender sirloin
Salt and Pepper
French Rolls

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Meanwhile, generously salt and pepper the steak.


Add steak to the pan. Saute until just cooked through.

Cut the french rolls through to the middle, but not all the way. Open them and place them face down in the pan so that the bread can soak up all of the saute juices.

Slice up the meat and distribute it evenly on each of the rolls along with some of the garlic slices. Enjoy!
Or for a fancy touch, top with onions if desired.

Deglaze the pan with your favorite dry white wine, add the onions (sweet if possible) and saute for 2-5 minutes. Tip: For cooking purchase wine that has a dark glass bottle and a twist off cap so that it will keep for future recipes.

1 comment:

  1. looks pretty dank...I know of a insane Phiily cheesesteak place in LBC that is like 91.3% legit (they import the bread)...it'll get your MADOOSHALL BERRRIES CHURNING!

    ReplyDelete